The OnePlus Open has been announced by OnePlus, a company known for its cutting-edge technology and user-centric design. Even while the name alone piques interest, the capabilities and functionalities it offers are nothing short of revolutionary.
What’s New with the OnePlus Open?
- Innovative Design: OnePlus has always been a frontrunner when it comes to design aesthetics, and with the OnePlus Open, they’ve taken it up a notch. The device seems to hint at a new form factor, possibly related to folding phones, a trend that’s gaining traction in the tech world.
- Enhanced User Experience: OnePlus devices are known for their seamless user experience, and the OnePlus Open promises to elevate this even further. With faster processing speeds, improved camera capabilities, and a host of other features, users are in for a treat.
Key Features and Specifications
- Pricing and Availability: The OnePlus Open was launched on October 19 and will be available for sale from October 26. It’s priced at $1,699, which is $100 less than its competitors like the Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Google Pixel Fold. OnePlus also offers a trade-in deal, allowing users to trade any phone in any condition for a $200 rebate.
- Design: The OnePlus Open, when folded, closely resembles the size of a conventional smartphone. It unfolds to reveal a 7.82-inch screen, which is larger than most foldables in the market. The device also boasts a compact hinge design, which underwent 1 million test folds, ensuring durability.
- Display: The main display is a 7.82-inch AMOLED panel with a resolution of 2440 x 2268 and a 120Hz refresh rate. The exterior features a 6.31-inch cover display, also with a 120Hz refresh rate.
- Camera: In collaboration with Hasselblad, the OnePlus Open features a 48MP main camera, a 48MP ultrawide lens, and a 64MP telephoto lens. The phone also has two selfie cameras: a 32MP sensor on the outer display and a 20MP sensor on the interior.
- Performance: The OnePlus Open is powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset. It comes with a 4,805 mAh battery, which can be fully charged in just 42 minutes thanks to the 67W SUPERVOOC charging feature.
- Software: The device introduces a feature called Open Canvas, which enhances multitasking capabilities. It allows users to have up to four app windows open simultaneously. The OnePlus Open runs on Android 13 and promises four years of software updates plus an additional year of security support.
With its remarkable features and affordable price, the OnePlus Open is ready to have a big effect on the foldable phone industry. It is an intriguing option for anyone eager to explore the world of foldable smartphones because to its larger screens, powerful camera setup, and cutting-edge software features.